Monday 9 March 2015

The Creative Blog Hop

Morning  everyone. Have you been set a challenge recently? 


 I have, and if you are reading this it is because you have jumped across from the amazingly talented Emily Thompson's blog who set me the challenge of taking part. This is my very first blog hop so please be kind as I'm extremely nervous. I find it hard to share my creativity as I never feel it as good as everyone else's and I'm certainly technically challenged!
The card shown is one that I have been working on recently for a forthcoming class. I just love the Butterfly basics and matching framelits. They are so popular with everyone old and young, and so versatile.

I have used the "incolours" mossy meadow, tangelo twist, hello honey and soft suede (one of my favourite from the neutrals collection). The card is made using the dry Bokeh technique. Sponging the base card with a selection of colours, then masking and applying Kraft white ink and allowing to dry. I just love the affect it creates. No two cards are ever the same.

Now for the next part of the challenge - questions! aggghhhh - the hardest part.



#1 What are you working on right now?
I'm always working on something, whether it's for a class or custom orders for a local shop or for friends and family. I love being able to just close myself away in my "Den" and create to my heart's content.


#2 How does your work differ from others in your genres?
Like Emily I am also an active Stampin' Up! demonstrator and like to ensure I cater for all tastes and designs and therefore my work is very eclectic. I wouldn't class myself as having a particular style that I work to. I hope that my creations reflect the different sides of me and inspire all those that come into contact with my work.


#3 Why do you create what you do?
Hmmmm, that's a tough one! There are many reasons I create what I do:
  • a way of expression my emotions, it is like a release for me.
  • to share my love of creating with others.
  • to inspire and motivate others.
  • my creating is a real life line for me from personal circumstance. I can do something I love whilst still fulfilling the challenging situation at home of caring full time for an elderly father in law with alzheimers and vascular dementia.
  • finally, it's something I can share with my grandson. He loves to come over and regularly asks if we can stamp in the "Den". How could I refuse?

#4 How does your creativity work?
I find ideas in all sorts of places and continually find myself commenting on colours around me in Stampin' Up! terms, which my family find entertaining.  I love working from sketches and find it so interesting to see how many variations and different ideas come from one sketch, it's great putting your own 'twist' on sketches. I also like challenges , to be asked here's a stamp set, what can you do with it, That's a challenging task at times.

Well,  I hope you have enjoyed my first blog hop (hope it's not my last) and a quick view into my creative world. 

I now ask you to leap over to a very special friend Irene Randall  who will be sharing her creative passion with you.

Enjoy your week, and make sure you 'make time for you' however it maybe.

Doodlebird xx

No comments:

Post a Comment